The last weekend in June James stayed with Grammy and Grampa Jacobson while we headed to the twin cities for a weekend away. We took advantage of the time by living every parents dream taking a nap! Just kidding though we did take a nap we also went out to eat and had uninterrupted meals where we actually got to eat together at the same time and our food was still hot! We went to the sculpture garden where I saw the spoon and cherry bridge I've wanted to see since I was ten.
and doesn't this bring new meaning to a "stick horse?" I thought it was kind of clever but also think I should/could be an artist if thats all there is to it! I know where I can get some sticks maybe I could work some rocks in too.... I've found my new calling! :)

We met Joe and went to Psycho Suzies ( a place we saw on the food network) where I had a stellar tiki drink and I kept the cool head shaped glass. We then caught the Brewers game (which they won) and headed out for drinks afterward. 



I knew I was in trouble after this shot... Two Preuss boys together after a Brewer win need I say more?

James spent the weekend gardening, collecting eggs, going to a parade, playing on his new swing set, and heading to an auction! He had cookies for lunch one day and both Grammy and Grampa say they will not make that mistake again. hehe! silly silly!

James spent the weekend gardening, collecting eggs, going to a parade, playing on his new swing set, and heading to an auction! He had cookies for lunch one day and both Grammy and Grampa say they will not make that mistake again. hehe! silly silly!
I also got on a horse for the first time since before I was pregnant with James. It was a lot of fun but my legs are so not used to that anymore! I think I bruised my butt! :)
James and I also traveled to my uncle Fred and aunt Anita's home for the fourth. And as always when our destination is their home we had a blast! James picked flowers for everyone, we played croquet, Fred made a slip n slide water slide, we had contests and prizes and fantastic fireworks some of which had been picked up in WI.
The waterslide worked better if they wore ponchos... crazy kids. Devin won the farthest as he crashed over the pool at the bottom!
"YOU ALREADY HIT IT YOU ALREADY HIT THE BALL!!!"

Ryan was really good at this he came and hit and then shot off more fireworks until it was his turn again!
The kissing train. James just loves to hang out with his older cousins.
It was kind of a tradition to take a pic by this huge mosquito when we were growing up so we will continue with James.











No comments:
Post a Comment