Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 2 of Soccer

When we told James it was time to go to soccer he ran in his room and dug for the gray shorts with a soccer ball on them that he'd worn the previous week, came tearing back out of his room hollering "it's soccer day these my soccer shorts, I needa wear them!" So of course he got to wear them. We also told him he'd be getting a soccer shirt and he added "and new shoes" they are not required to have cleats but he's pretty impressed by his coach's cool shiny blue shoes. We'll see I don't think he'd be as impressed with them if they were just black.
James and Coach Cody passing the ball back and forth before everyone else makes it onto the field. James was also one of the first to be a volunteer tonight. Both John and I were surprised since he is pretty reserved. He does really seem to like his coach though he told Bomba we were going to Coach Codys house to play.
He's a brave coach to let them all run after him!

There are two other players on our team but in typical three year old fashion one wouldn't wear his shirt and refused to do anything near anyone else and the other was having no part of sitting with the rest of the team for a picture, though he did do a good job in his individual pic. I think 7 of 9 that cooperated is pretty darn good though. (I took 30 pics of them like this with the camera set on continuous shooting 4 of them turned out okay and this one is by far the best)

We will be on vacation for the next week!!! So will miss Weds. practice but check next week for pictures of fishing, camping, and playing!


No comments: