Monday, July 26, 2010

Como, Underwater World, Legoland and Swimming what more could a boy ask for?

Swimming while waiting for everyone else to get there Friday night.

I'm not sure what we're looking at here... maybe the ducks?
My monkeys...

We had a wonderful weekend in the cities with Uncles Joe, Jay and Bomba Debbie. We all arrived Fri and packed all of this into Sat plus on our way home we stopped and visited Sean and Neal (Heidee and Doug) and played and swam at their house for a few hours. We are all exhausted today! Poor John is at work while James and I are playing inside and vegging on the couch neither of us has much zip today!

UNDERWATER WORLD
James loves turtles!

Checking out the giant 400 lb snapper!

This is a real beaver hut it was HUGE! I had to have John stand by it for comparison. (he's 6' 2")

The jellyfish were so cool but what bizarre creatures! No brains no hearts and no blood? What the heck are they then? I asked James if we were going to get to go jelly fishing like spongebob but he told me we hadn't brought a net. In fact they had just taken it out of the car before heading to the cities.

Grandma tries to get James to touch a starfish. James would poke at them. He did pick one completely out of the water but it must have moved because he promptly threw it back in the water.... OOPS! They were only supposed to touch with one finger... BUT the little boy next to him was grabbing the "tail" of the crab and pulling it around so I guess James picking up the starfish wasn't so bad...maybe?
LEGOLAND
Building a racecar, he had a blast at Legoland and graduated from Duplos to the real deal...I can already feel the pain in my poor feet as I know I'll be spending the next several years stepping on stray legos.

Totally cool Woody out of Legos!

Building legos with Daddy while waiting for our dinner. We thought we were having leftovers from the night before but somehow the fridge had gotten turned off...hmmmm

Swimming with everyone. It took James asking Bomba Debbie if she was scared and telling her there were no sharks in here to get her in the pool. He of course loved being the center of attention showing off his bouncing skills in the water.

After swimming until 9:00/9:30 we headed up to shower and change. I vegged on the bed while James played legos and John showered after a few minutes of waiting for John James picked up all his legos and asked to go play with Uncle Joe. :) I said yes he could go so across the hall he went knocked on the door and played until John joined him. He came back at 10:30 but wasn't done so he headed back over until 11 then he stayed up with me until he passed out at 11:30. When it was time for breakfast he said no lets go back to sleep mom I had a hard day yesterday.... he has NEVER asked to go back to bed!
No pictures with the Kennedys since Heidee and I "snuck" off for some visiting and pedis. But James of course had a blast with them playing in their pool, with their toys downstairs and feeding Ryans snake. We had a really yummy lunch we all enjoyed and then rootbeer floats YUM!
Although James was completely worn out he was very sad when we said it was time to go having a heartbreaking meltdown. We talked a bit and then decided we could stay "just a yittle bit yonger" 5 minutes. Then he was mostly okay with heading out. He slept the majority of the way home with just one pit stop for snacks and bathroom break. He is such a good little traveler and always have been shall we be so lucky with baby number 2? We sure hope so since we can't convince either of our families to move closer to us and we like where we are. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you plan the best trips! If I tell you a city could you plan it all out for me with all the fun stops?!?!?! I am seriously thinking of going to Legoland now! James is so lucky to have a fun mom like you!

Love the pics!
Kori

Anonymous said...

;) you're funny! Didn't your sister just take this trip? well pretty similar anyway.
If I'm going on a trip I'm not sitting in my hotel room all day especially not with a Jamesornado.