Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March fun

James was pretty tickled when Daddy brought these home yesterday. He had seen them in the store a couple weeks ago and I wouldn't buy them for him. He made sure to tell on me too or maybe it was to tell his dad mommy didn't approve? either way it was time for a snowball war with temps in the mid and upper 30s we all headed out.
These snowball throwers work really well launching snowballs the length of our building.
Not sure who's winning here but James was really into it.
While all this craziness was going on Erik just slept in the stroller.
We decided to venture to the gas station and James decided to forgo walking on the sidewalks and instead trudged up and down the "mountains." He also managed to find several puddles to tromp through - by the time we were home he was soaked clear through his snowpants and pants boots and socks but he had a blast so all was well.
Todays goings on are a little tamer since Daddy isn't home yet but he's pretty tickled with his Mommy's talents too. While sorting through some totes at Bombas we found the old balloon animal pumper and a few old balloons (they didn't work so well) but while at Target yesterday I picked up a pack. We've been through all of them and James is asking for more. Here are our octopus, giraffe, swan, and puppy. While I was making the octopus James said to me "you know a shark eats one of those it grows back in 30 days. I learn that on Kratt brothers."
Wow looking at this picture makes me a bit sad. He's out of that baby/toddler stage completely I think. Just look at how big and old he looks.

2 comments:

Kate said...

you randomly find a balloon animal pumper AND you know how to make balloon animals? Is there anything you don't do?! p.s... I want a wiener dog next time I see you!

Alissa said...

My mom and I did lots of stuff with kids for Girl Scouts and Sunday school, bible school, and youth group. We always tried to take it one notch higher :) I've got some good stories! :)