Tuesday, July 26, 2011

All in a days...play!

PART ONE
Erik John gets baptized!
Auntie Arianne and Uncle Nick are Erik's godparents
Erik has been charged with learning the 10 Commandments by the next time Nick sees him.... I hope he's been practicing because it will be in just a few short days!
Auntie sings Borning Cry

Marked with the Cross of Christ forever!
Erik snoozed for almost the whole service cause his napping buddy was holding him.
I love that we were able to have Erik's baptism at my home church where I was baptized and confirmed. What a great feeling of being home with the church family I grew up with.
Nick's and Arianne's faiths are so strong, their understanding of the word so wise
and their love for Erik so apparent. We know God chose them as Erik's godparents.

I don't recall where I first saw this verse (other than the Bible of course) but it is so fitting for our Erik, we prayed for years and worked so hard for him God certainly answered and blessed us!

PART TWO

Well whats a weekend home without a little fun? Mom offered to watch the kids ours and Nick and Amys so we could have some adult time and fun and Adam and Danielle borrowed us some canoes so away we went.
Here we are at Moose Lake landing ready to shove off. I really need to get a life jacket that doesn't look so stupid! Good grief!
The boys left us in the spray I guess since there would be no dust on the lake...we made them switch paddles with us because surely that was the reason we were so poky...LOL
Stopping for a little break and a drink
Then about 3/4 of the way I figured out how to actually steer the canoes... I shared my vast knowledge with the guys and pretty soon they got a little cocky and turned a little too hard and over they went. Amy and I couldn't contain our laughter and are certain the only reason they didn't dump us over was because they'd have had to flip us back upright!

I think we had to stop because I couldn't get the cover off my winecooler.... LOL! He's so good to me!
The kids playing on James' "park". James had Bompa arrange all of his park items to his specifications for the 4th of July. Everyone had a blast then and now. 


3 comments:

Kate said...

your cake verse made me teary. So happy for you!

Alissa said...

Oh me too :) Its funny how I've probably heard it before but it didn't speak to me until we had Erik. I love that about the Bible.

Anonymous said...

So jealous of your canoe trip and beverages! :) Looks like you guys had a great time. ~Sheri