Wednesday, September 3, 2008

THE PIG of 08

Okay well this post is really pic heavy since we had a very eventful weekend.


This year was our 24th annual pig roast over Labor Day weekend!


James and I were able to attend only because John stayed home to tend to our apartment building. We had three people moving in and of course then three on their way out as well. It would have been the first one I had missed. I so wish he could have been there with us BUT as you will be able to tell we tried to pull it together and have a good time without him... :) we headed up to the farm on Thursday and stayed until Tuesday!

James and I started our weekend of camping Friday night after a long day of school clothes shopping with Auntie "Stinky" Arianne. James could not have behaved better during all the shopping "nonsense" he was an angel - and I don't say that often about him! :) It was SOOOO cold Friday night James ended up in bed with me after soaking his jammies and getting a whole outfit change! Poor kid was shivvering like crazy! But back to sleep he went.



Friday night campfire The host and hostess with the mostess!

My camera does pretty well in the dark but I couldn't see what I was taking pics of so kind of crooked pics!

Sat.


James is bug hunting... I took about four pictures before I realized he was sitting in a big nest of biting ants!! he started trying to brush them off and saying owie owie! They got him twice on the neck but then we got his clothes off and he was okay.

Mexico Invades!
Ole'!


I was trying to get James to sleep and I look out my tent and I see a circle of sombreros and holler "WAIT FOR ME!!!"

"So Paco, would you like to swim the big river tonight?"
"Well Juan, maybe after one more round of the cactus juice."

Shawn and Melissa wussed out a little early for our taste so all the women...aka the 7 Spanish Angels bombarded their camper and got them up to join us for another round... I think we sang "Two out of Three" for them while bouncing on their bed.
They both got up and joined us for a shot.
Shawn then headed back to bed but Melissa was in for the long haul....
A conga line on the move first a stop at Teds to bounce on his air matress and sing 7 Spanish Angels for him

ummm he looks like he's enjoying it right?
and then a trek through the woods to Freds Cabin
(Mom, Me and Heidee, photographer Melissa)
Poor Fred... we sang all the way to his cabin.

Sue wouldn't come with cause she was scared but we were brave, after all we had big Sombreros!

Look how happy he was to see us...
"1 o'clock and alls we - elll!"
"What can I do to make you go away?"
"we want a drink"
so he passed out beer like halloween candy and sent us on our way.

Sun

Grandpa takes over the bug hunting while I help with breakfast.

Sean and James share the breakfast table

The Schedule of events for Sun as written by Fred if you can't read the last line it is
"1:00 Serenade at Freds cabin CNX (which means canceled) moved to wherever Lynette Heidee Alissa Melissa are sleeping"
Are you afraid? I was a little so we drank more tequila! :) did the hat dance on the table and finally went to bed.


Look at that squealer!

This little guy is Wyatt Dixon. It was his first Pig Roast! :) Isn't he adorable? He's our newest cousin

Lacy, Garrett and Amy got a kick out of my salad signs.

Simonster and James

The Founder,Grandpa Mart, through fourth generation, Jamesy boy!

Conked out with "Buppy" the elephant

Checking out the wood pile. James had a blast there was actually so much dirt on him you could see it on the bottom of the tub during his bath...

We also flew a flag my cousin Keith flew in honor of us "The 2008 attendees of Pig Hill" while on tour in Iraq.
Played a little music sang a few songs and generally had a darn good time!

There ends another great year! Bet you can't wait to see what we have in store for the 25th! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! ha! I love it you all look like it was a great time had by all!! will have find my sombraro and vist next year! oh sorry I missed it, you all have such a good time!
can I put in a reservation for next year or maybe even the next event?
love the pictures, miss you!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a cool blog! After not seeing you or John, or meeting James, it's nice to get a peek in to see how you all are doing! What a cute little boy you have and it looks like you have so much fun together! Great work, great pics! Keep it up and I'll keep peeking in on your guys. But I hope to see you soon......... :)