James and I did head to my moms for the weekend after helping sandbag a couple times both making bags and stacking. James had definitely been cooped up too long and with everything closed or hard to get to if it was open. They had gone to deep well water which smells and tastes funny but is apparently safe to drink... we got bottled water. Also there were concerns about sewer back up - probably not in our area but John and I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

Aunty Arianne took James swimming at a local hotel on Sat and he loved it. Then she treated him to Burger King. What a spoiled nephew! Maybe she'll send me some pictures from then.
James had a blast feeding chickens gathering eggs and splashing in the puddles - he did a faceplant in one puddle which did not make for a happy boy but he trooped inside and got new clothes and was ready to go again. He also petted the horseys and fed them carrots and we made a snowman -his first ever. He was very good at putting on the nose and finding arms but he wanted to step on the first ball that I rolled and the second he wanted to throw in the puddles...but once I got the eyes on he realized what we were doing. Then he put on the hat and scarf cause its "brr cold mommy" We named our little snowbaby Frozen Frank and called it a day.


He also had a mini snowball fight with uncle Andy. James thinks its hilarious to throw snow at people... I'm not sure where he learned this but quite possibly from his aunty?
Do you see the snowball getting lobbed at my sweet little boy? Maybe Uncle Andy needs a whitewash from John?
Aunty Arianne took James swimming at a local hotel on Sat and he loved it. Then she treated him to Burger King. What a spoiled nephew! Maybe she'll send me some pictures from then.
James had a blast feeding chickens gathering eggs and splashing in the puddles - he did a faceplant in one puddle which did not make for a happy boy but he trooped inside and got new clothes and was ready to go again. He also petted the horseys and fed them carrots and we made a snowman -his first ever. He was very good at putting on the nose and finding arms but he wanted to step on the first ball that I rolled and the second he wanted to throw in the puddles...but once I got the eyes on he realized what we were doing. Then he put on the hat and scarf cause its "brr cold mommy" We named our little snowbaby Frozen Frank and called it a day.


He also had a mini snowball fight with uncle Andy. James thinks its hilarious to throw snow at people... I'm not sure where he learned this but quite possibly from his aunty?
Sunday morning we headed to church where he was pretty good I did take him out once and had a little chat and then he was fine. During the last song he covered my mouth and said "go home nummy" I had told him we would stop for a treat on our way home... I uncovered my mouth and finished singing. Church was great for me we sang two of my favorites "Where You There" and "Amazing Grace" The question was posed in the sermon - Where is God in times of natural disaster? - God is in our neighbors and friends. It has been absolutely amazing to see all these people come together to help each other. This video is great and shows just how well we ALL can work together.
God bless and thank you for keeping us, our neighbors, and friends in your hearts and prayers.
P.S.
If you haven't missed these pink gloves yet here they are... James insisted on wearing these and only these gloves home today... I put them on James yesterday as his mittens were wet and he couldn't let poor Boppa do all the chores without him. Boppa said it would be okay to wear them as long as Uncle Chris didn't drive by and see them...but I don't think James would have cared he's seems awfully proud of them.

James also loves to get mail Grammy and Boppa sent these before they knew they were taking in "refugees" this weekend so James had a fun surprise when he got home. He loves his "Rrraaarrs!"



James also loves to get mail Grammy and Boppa sent these before they knew they were taking in "refugees" this weekend so James had a fun surprise when he got home. He loves his "Rrraaarrs!"



4 comments:
I mean the song was "WERE you there" not wHere.... HAHAHAH!
Glad to hear you are all okay down there in flood-town! I'm glad we haven't had to deal with that much water! We've had our share though!
Kim
I love Frozen Frank's scarf! I have the same one hanging in my closet... Did you steal it?!?!
hahah! Nope I bet yours is still in your closet. James calls that scarf a "Ho Ho" as in Santa cause it looks like a candy cane. He was obsessed with it for about 3 weeks this winter.
Post a Comment