Thursday, January 20, 2011

What did you do on National Cheese Day?

After seeing that today was to be National Cheese Day James and I decided to make a party out of it. We didn't say anything to Daddy and I didn't give James any details because he is a notorious bean spiller. So this morning we got up had breakfast Erik had a nap and then we were ready to rock and roll out our plan. First stop Walmart for all the "cheese" foods I could think of. Next stop JoAnns for supplies for some totally awesome cheese hats.
(James' idea since it just isn't a party without a cool hat)
We opted for felt and while on the way to the store I got this brainiac idea that we could get the stiff felt, punch holes in it and James could sew it with pipecleaners. While walking the aisles I thought I would probably need a crop a dile but no as I looked at one ($30) I realized it was about the same thing as the eyelet punch I already had in my craft totes. Chaching saved us $30!
 James did an excellent job sewing and there was lots of it because we made 4 hats!
The boys trying on their hats before we put the tops on them.
This was a great project for us it took enough time to actually pass some time but not so long that James became bored. Erik was even pretty mellow the entire time even when I was trying his hat on him.
For hordeouvres we had: chips with cheese dip, cheese square, mickey mouse cheese heads, string cheese, and cream cheese alligator eyes
(I think I made them correctly T?)
After getting those ready we got ready to greet Daddy after his super crappy super long (4 extra hours)  work day. We were all wearing our hats and said "Happy Cheese Day" when John walked in. Again James' idea. :) When I was looking out the window to see where John was at James hissed at me "get over here"
(wonder where he's ever heard that?)
For dinner we had; cottage cheese, cheddar brats, mac n cheese and for dessert cheesecake.
If I could have come up with a cheese drink I totally would have!
It looks like we made Daddys yucky day all better. :)
So we hope you all had a wonderful National Cheese Day too!



1 comment:

Rankin Family said...

Hey Coolesst mommy ever!
I think I want to be your Neibor!!
good job, looks like there was a cheesy good time!