Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Fun 2011

Today was get ready for Easter day at our house. We started by baking and then decorating a whole counter full of sugar cookies. Most got sprinkles and plain white icing but we decided to really do up the eggs he asked for his decorators.
A master hard at work
and
The finished product; carrots, tulips, bunnies, flowers, eggs and dinosaur prints.....aka mini tulips 
I decorated one single cookie......and then I ate it!
After cookie decorating it was time for dinner pizza from Santa Lucia here in Fargo... YUM! John also brought me home a greek salad (? I'm not a foodie but it sure was tasty!)
After dinner it was time to decorate the 6 (out of 10) eggs that made it from carton to pot to carton again 4 were made into a tasty egg salad. YUM!

Showed James the crayon trick. He tried to draw my name on one and poked a hole in the egg.... oh well I covered it with a sticker.
Erik wasn't interested at all in doing any of this nonsense prefering to be held by Daddy
BUT then we showed him his egg
Dr Lidia said Erik could have egg yolks now....I don't think Erik heard her specify ONLY the yolks
James thinks some of the things Erik does are just "adiculous" and he gets a good toe tickling giggle out of it.
If he plays with it much more he's going to turn into a little smurf. We popped the boys in the bathtub where they proceeded to splash each other and me. Then we finished decorating our eggs with foam stickers and turned them into animals


1 comment:

Tamara said...

You have been such a busy momma! I love it and i LOVE your egg animals, too cute! I can't believe how big Erik is. We need to hang out more! I'm missing all of it:(