Monday, August 11, 2008

First camping!

James had a great view of our campsite from the top of the table apparently when you go camping you get to sit and stand on the table.

Well we had been going to go to one of the state parks but we weren't so organized so we went to "Pig Hill", on my moms property and camped there instead. We had the whole campground to ourselves and we had a blast! It was a good thing we were so close too since we forgot lots of thing.

The conversation went like this

mom: do you have forks?

me: no

mom: do you have plates?

me: no

mom: do you have a lantern?

me: no

mom: do you have water?

me: no.... and the list continued! The best part was I had invited her and Jeff and Chris and Devin down for supper and most of the food came from moms garden and cupboards... green beans, a cucumber onion salad (sooo good) they also sent down some shrimp, some spicy chicken drummies etc... I guess I invited her down to supply and make dinner! :) TOO FUNNY!!

Apparently I've never had to pack for myself to go camping. Funny since pig hill is an annual event and I've never missed one, I also realized I had never contributed any food for it either! This will be our 24th annual. What a mooch! I am planning for what to bring now I have a month to get everything together.

"Hey mom, do I get to sleep in here?"

Played a little sang a little James was loving it! He sang right along with me
And played Grandpas Banjo.

After everyone headed out he crawled right into his sleeping bag and conked out. Its hard work to make sure mommy and daddy get everything right.
A morning banana while mom and dad make breakfast.
More borrowed stuff... frying pan, pancake mix, a peach for peach pancakes (YUM!)
and Farm eggs too! :)

So this was Jamesy's first camping trip where he actually slept in the tent but it seems it was our first trip too next time we will be more prepared...we hope.
Regardless of our lack of planning we all had a great time. James loved being outside all day long and we were able to relax and just go with it and enjoy our little family time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy, I want pancakes? look like you had a great time! miss you all