We got to Debbie's around 5 or so. Good time! Had dinner and James got reaquainted with Grammy P and Jay and opened his birthday gift. The coolest Tonka Truck which he loves!! Then Uncle Joe came over too and brought James another birthday gift. His very first Brewers hoodie, with a Nike swoosh - also his first! Absolutely adorable!
The next day I took James to Point to visit with Janis a friend and former Coach House gal and Susan a friend and mgr of Bath and Body Works - where I didn't take any pictures - BAD MOMMY! James was so adorable in his sweater Janis had mailed to him for his birthday. Then we went to Walmart and she bought him a gigantic Teddy Bear which I've named Rufus. I think he is almost as tall as me! Tues night we had dinner with the family at Texas Roadhouse. Its a steak house but James had mac and cheese. He got it all over the table but Joe was quick enough not to get covered in it. Aren't the two of them adorable?
Here are all the Preuss men. They didn't even grumble when I asked to take a pic! You can kind of see Jamesy's new hoodie!
Weds was pretty low key I took a nap while we were supposed to make cookies and so got in trouble from James and Jay as I "ran out" on cookie time! oops.
We made them Thursday - well I didn't make them James and Jay mixed and Debbie baked and I hmmm well I guess I just watched. Oh wait, I was the photographer! I hope James remembers the recipe since they were so good none of them made it home to share! But they were a great snack in the car on the way home.
James had to test the chocolate chips
Look at all those Yummy cookies! They also made oatmeal raisin.
Thursday evening I surprised John with meeting Gretchen and Joe in Point for dinner and Grammy and Jay babysat. I think they need to come live with us since they had him in bed, for the night by 8:30, with never a peep until morning! We had a great night out and ate at The Hilltop then headed to Partners for a couple drinks and met Kate and Jordan there too. We saw Cruella DeVille... and a few of the old crew who were very surprised to see us and didn't know we had moved to Fargo. Some still thought we were in Antigo! :)
Fri we headed to Madison to see Joel and Tricia and Dylan. once again I took no pictures! BAD MOMMY!!! Dylan is two and he was so cute with James. For some reason he took a liking to me and kept crawling up in my lap. James would get jealous and have to climb up too then he would push Dylan off lay there for two seconds and get down. repeat cycle. Too funny! James was fascinated with the stairs and Dylan knew James wasn't supposed to be going up them so he said "no James" and pulled him down. He's a better parent than we are! James got another gift at this stop. He's really working this birthday month angle!! He got a tool bench pounding toy. I'll have to take a pic of him with it. He loves it and we of course love it as both John and I remember having a toy just like it when we were little. The toy companies sure know how to market things to the parents! Joel made Salmon for dinner. Which I don't remember ever having before and it was SO good!
Sat we headed home. It seemed to take forever!!! Although we did have a nice if too short visit at my aunt Heidee's house just west of the twin cities. I woke up just in time to call her and invite ourselves over! :) Good thing she loves me, we were there 10 minutes after I called her!
Tadah!! Sounds like we were really busy but we did things at our pace and it was so much fun to be able to visit with everyone. Those of you we didn't get to see we will hopefully see next time! Or you could all come out here!!! :)
Joe is sooo much more comfortable with James now that he's not just a crying little ball. James is actually fun!










No comments:
Post a Comment