Thursday, April 17, 2008

Our New Project is.....

Helping the Martins add an 8x8 patio to their back yard!

Neither Barb or I have any experience but we have been picking the brains of the Menards employees - mainly John - and we think we can do it.

Yesterday we picked out the blocks and figured how many we would need and bought all the tools.

This is exactly how she was smiling when she found these blocks! She was like a kid so excited and wanted to pile them all in her car. Little did we know they each weigh 42 lbs and its not recomended to haul 3/4 of a ton in the back of her SUV...hmmm who would have known! :)
We're "just" girls!


So we brought 4 home so we could at least see the pattern and lay them in the grass, I think she was probably out dancing on them all night same excited grin after we layed them out! :)

I'll have to take a better pic of them they are quarter circle blocks - so four of them make a circle. (As if you couldn't figure that out) We wanted to curve the edge but settled for circles in the blocks as we are not so crazy as to think we really want to be cutting blocks... Good decision!!

Today we met at Menards at 8:30 (she was there at 8) to pick up the rest of the blocks, and sand that we will need. We got them all in my car, her SUV, and Johns pick-up - it was like a parade and I didn't even have any candy! James tagged along and ate girl scout cookies in the backseat while everything was loaded.

Then we headed over to unload and dig in. The boys were loving it and we were productive! This is, I think, pretty much a "mommies and sons" project (after all the hauling/unloading from the cars was done) Thanks Daddies!!

Spencer helps Barb and James helps me. One rock at a time until they figured out the shovels then it was about 4 rocks at a time! :)



What a good helper! He helped push/steer on all but one load.
We must work before play but after the first load they came running for their rides! Spencer is always more cautious so he had a half ride the first time and then he liked it.




We got most of the rocks cleared out before naptime and plan to head over either tomorrow or Sat to continue! :)


I also found James a worm which he promptly showed to John and then dropped through the fence. It wasn't a very wiggly worm so pretty boring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.