Saturday, January 10, 2009

Spencer's 2nd birthday!

I have to admit both John and I were a bit skeptical on whether bowling would keep the kids' attention. BUT Barb was totally right when she chose the bowler for Spencer's 2nd birthday! James absolutely LOVED it. Of course the whole taking turns thing wasn't his style and in the end it was just kids bowling our lane as the adults had all given their turns to kids. I think James went every other kid... we will have to work on that! They actually did pretty well as you can see James's first roll landed him with 7 pins down! :)
Its all about the approach James! Then swing back and let 'er fly!

(this was our lane <- the one here on the left with the 3 pins up!)
He doesn't even watch his ball roll down and he's headed to the ball return to watch it pop back up.


There's the birthday boy in the next lane!
Ashlyn and Logan getting down to some good tunes after a great roll by Logan.

James is using the ramp here and Ashlyn gets excited about Logans roll!
Then we had pizza and pop and ice cream cake... mmmm soooo yummy! The kids all huddled around and helped a little with the opening but did fairly well at keeping hands to themselves. Spencer got lots of fun stuff we can't wait to go to his house to play again.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I was too surprised at how well the kids did! They had a great time bowling and I loved little Elizabeth's enthusiasm when Spencer was opening his gifts.