Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Doings start early here!

This morning we headed to sunrise services at St Johns Lutheran. We've been meaning to get over there for the past year or more. Something always comes up. BUT what better Sunday to go to a new church than Easter Sunday? A sunday of new beginnings. We decided to go to the sunrise service at 7am so we could come home and have a brunch with Barb, Dan, and Spencer and then John could go to work.

The real dilemna was how to get James out of the house without him spying the goodies the Easter bunny had brought for him. We decided to wait to get him up and keep all the lights off. I did have to bribe him with one egg to spray his hair and brush it...too early for little boys...(at least today it was most days he is up around 7:30.)
I LOVE this sweater James got from Great Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson for his birthday first time he's worn it.
As I was making him a "chocolate juice" the light from the refridgerator cast just enough lite for a little boy to spy a coconut hershey kiss propped on the cupboard door. "HEY, nummy!" we quickly headed him out the door. Where we actually ran in to the E.B. He was too busy to talk as he hop hop hopped around the lawn.
Once we got home it was candy candy and more candy. James was really into finding the plastic eggs this year-he just found the last one at 12:30. And he loved his basket!
He's irritated that I want him to stop and show me what he has in his eggs, he's busy finding them!

Playing with new cars from the Easter Bunny.
John surprised me with a boquet of spring daisies, he said "you have to have flowers on Easter when you are having company." (he's such a sweetie)
We had an egg bake and a strawberry french toast bake with loads of cream cheese, banana bread mini muffins and fresh fruit for brunch sooo yummy.
James didn't really eat much actual food this morning but entertained us and himself by wearing this bucket on his head.
James and I have decorated our carrot cake and will be bringing ham dinner to John at work this afternoon so we can sneak in a little more family time. James is currently napping and I hope he naps until its time to go. He was definitely needing one, too much candy not enough sleep.
Hope everyone elses Easters where just as wonderful as ours!
God Bless
James also has a secret pal (don't worry we know who it is) here in our apt building who drops him off treats and cards every so often. He really got into eating this big cookie.












4 comments:

Amy Rankin said...

ok may I just say this boy is so very cute!!!! suppose like mommy?

what a awesome cake! and could your husband be any sweeter!!

luck girl cute son, and awesome husband!!!
looks like you all had a great easter!!!

Loved all your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!! I have to say though, are you serious that your son doesn't wake up until 7:30!! Can we swap!?!?! This morning Jacob came up at 2 and I thought it must have been 6-6:30! I finally realized it wasn't and I put him back to bed. He then woke up for the day at 6:00! What is a 7:30 sleeper like!?!?!??!
Oh, and I want to eat brunch with you sometime! The food sounds great!!!

Kim

Alissa said...

HAHAHAH! I should have prefaced that with he still gets up in the middle of the night at least 4 times a week. I'm so used to it that sometimes he just crawls into bed with us and then I wake up after he's fallen asleep. Then have to try not to wake him up.....

Tamara said...

Looks like a great Easter! The carrot cake looks delightful!!! I didn't color Easter eggs this year, but am definitley looking forward to it next and having an Easter egg hunt.